Monday, April 10, 2006

Yeah!

What a WEEK Aaron and I had. It was truly a tough week. We went back and forth about this land. We really struggled with whether or not we jumped in this too fast, whether or not we could afford a house, what kind of house to build… Man, the list of concerns seemed so heavy. But we prayed. And God listened. He always does. On Thursday we pretty much decided we just needed to back out and start over with an affordable house in a subdivision. On Friday I determined to go talk to the builder myself and get a few questions answered. We were just assuming we knew the answers and you can’t make decisions based on what you THINK you know. Somehow Aaron took off early and met me there. We really didn’t even know what to ask. We’d seen all of the builders houses and house plans. We knew they were all expensive. And furthermore, Aaron and I couldn’t agree on any of them. BUT (here’s the good part) we met with the builder and somehow, from somewhere he pulled out this drawing of a house that we hadn’t seen before. It was beautiful. We hesitantly asked the cost. It was IN our price Range!! How amazing!! And we can afford to add a basement. It is a two story house with a little porch on the front and we’re going to put a big porch on the back facing the mountains!! The two-story house was cheaper than a one story if you add a basement to it! What a delight! God is so good. The heavy burden I felt last week just seemed lifted with peace. After meeting with the builder, aaron and I drove to Dahlonega and ate ice cream and laid in the grass right in the middle of the square. It was the perfect day. Then we went to Longhorns to celebrate. (Notice, we eat our dessert first! Aaron and I do tend to do things OUR own way!). I woke up Saturday EXCITED about our house and our land. I can’t WAIT. We may even be able to close earlier now. The seller wants us to but we weren’t sure if we could or not and now it seems like everything is falling into place!! I am SO excited!

1 comment:

Changed by His Love said...

Hey Kimberly! Welcome to Blogging! I love the pictures and everyone looks great! Aaron is so cute and I can't wait to meet him one day. Check out our blogs when you get a chance.
Love ya!
Karen
www.karengreer.blogspot.com
www.toknowyou.blogspot.com